Saturday 14 September 2013

Hi all.It's a bleak Saturday morning in Trinidad and I am battling a nasty cold that I only contracted on the second week of school...yah me! On the brighter side of things,I am waiting for my sister to finish making some delicious pancakes.Can't wait to sink my teeth into them.For those of you who are wondering....no I am not one to lose my appetite when I am ill.lol!

So...How was week two??? Two words...tiring but fulfilling. I introduced foldables for note taking in the different subject areas with my girls and they loved it.I got a great idea from  http://ispeakmath.org/2012/09/18/foldables-place-value-exponents-and-scientific-notation/ on a foldable for teaching the concept of place value.

I decided to created my version of this mini place value chart and the students commented on how easier it was for them to recognize the value of each digits with it.I will definitely be continuing with this method of note taking along with other graphic representations and charts.I haven't been able to post any pictures of my class activities because my camera has been missing in action (long story) but as soon as I get it back I will gladly share what my class have been up to. Until the next time,take cake of yourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment